The huge new 'Avengers' game is getting roasted because its superheroes look like knock-offs from the movies - here's how they compare
"Marvel's Avengers"/Square Enix
- A huge new "Avengers" game is in the works, and it was detailed on Monday night in Los Angeles at E3 2019.
- The game stars characters like Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor, but none of them look like their movie versions.
- Since the "Avengers" movie franchise is by far the most popular version of the characters, millions of people around the world associate Iron Man with Robert Downey Jr., Captain America with Chris Evans, and Thor with Chris Hemsworth.
- As a result, people are roasting the game for having "knock-off" versions of the characters they know and love.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The famous cast of Marvel's vast "Avengers" movie franchise is instantly recognizable.
Robert Downey Jr., for instance, has become synonymous with Tony Stark - the billionaire Marvel character who becomes Iron Man. (In fact, recent news of Downey Jr. working on climate change led to dozens of headlines claiming he wanted to be "the real life Tony Stark.")
And that's why so many people were taken aback when the huge new "Avengers" game was finally shown off on Monday night - the game features a cast that looks and sounds completely different from the version of the characters known around the world from the films.
So, how different are they? We've put together a thorough comparison below - you be the judge!
Get the latest Google stock price here.