The best electric pressure cookers, multicookers, and Instant Pots you can buy
- Electric multicookers are so versatile, they can make all kinds of meals and even replace several different appliances.
- The latest multicookers can handle pressure cooking, slow cooking, sautéing, stewing, and other cooking functions, all in one pot.
- Of all the options out there, the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker is our top pick because it can perform seven different functions and make all kinds of food.
- Amazon Prime Day is back on July 15-16. Our overall favorite, the Instant Pot Duo, is currently on sale for $49.99 (6 quarts), $59.99 (3 quarts), and $69.99 (8 quarts). Check back often on our Instant Pot page for potentially more deals. Shop the best Prime Day 2019 deals across tech, home, kitchen, and more. The Insider Picks team will be updating this list frequently.
The mark of perfectly prepared ribs is the meat falling off of the bone. However, if you want that level of quality, you need to keep your slab of pork or beef in a smoker for 12-plus hours, right? Not when you have a modern multicooker.
Electric multicookers are quickly supplanting single-function appliances like rice cookers and slow cookers because of their ability to make dinner in a hurry with little fuss. These countertop multicookers can do a variety of functions, with pressure cooking being the most popular; they can also slow cook, sauté, steam, make porridge and yogurt, and warm, while some can even air-fry.
Pressure cooking isn't a new concept, but electric pressure cookers have made it easier and safer to do. For the purposes of this guide, we are going to focus on electric ones since they are much more popular and functional. You may hear these multicookers being referred to colloquially as an "instant pot," which is in reference to the brand of multicookers, Instant Pot, the darling product that's made pressure cooking popular.
But Instant Pot isn't the only manufacturer (some will argue that Instant Pot isn't even the originator of this type of product, as they've been popular in Asia). You'll find plenty of imitators, but there are also ones that rival an Instant Pot. And, if you are someone who hates cluttering a kitchen with cooking appliances and tools, trust us: the flexibility and efficiency of a multicooker will be worth sacrificing some counter space.
We pored over hundreds of reviews and ratings from both experts and users, as well as conducted our testing when possible, to determine which multicookers do what they say they can do, provide consistent performance over extended use, and offer great value for your money. Whether it's an Instant Pot or another brand of multicooker, here are the best you can buy.
Prefer slow cooking? Check out our guide on the best Crock-Pots you can buy.
Here are the best electric multicookers you can buy:
- Best multicooker overall: Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker
- Best advanced multicooker: Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker
- Best combination multicooker: Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer
- Best premium multicooker: Breville Fast Slow Pro
Updated on 07/11/2019 by Les Shu: Updated selections, prices, links, and formatting. Added the Instant Pot Ultra, Ninja Foodi, and Breville Fast Slow Pro, and other models we considered.
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.