Stripe CEO Patrick Collison announced his engagement over the weekend with a geeky joke on Twitter
- Stripe CEO Patrick Collison got engaged this weekend, and he announced it on Twitter Sunday with an industry joke.
- "Hit our engagement metrics this weekend!" Collison wrote on Twitter, with well-wishing commenters-including fellow Silicon Valley execs - playing along with the joke.
- Collison, who keeps his personal life private from social media, did not post his fiancée's name.
- Stripe is a San Francisco-based online payment platform that's worth $22.5 billion.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Stripe CEO Patrick Collison announced his engagement on Sunday, and he did it with a geeky industry tweet.
"We hit our engagement metrics this weekend!" Collison wrote, alongside a photo of him and his fiancée.
Collison's brother, Stripe cofounder John Collison, commented "Oof, ratioed" on Sunday, poking fun at the success of his brother's metrics claim.
Fellow Silicon Valley tech execs chimed in with on-theme congratulations. Mixpanel founder Suhail Doshi commented "That's one way to increase user retention."
Box CEO Aaron Levie asked, "How much testing did you do on the invite flow?"
Patrick Collision, who keeps his personal life private from social media, did not post his fiancée's name with the announcement.
Irish brothers Patrick Collison and John Collison founded Stripe in 2010. Forbes listed John Collison as one of the world's eight under-30 billionaires in March 2019, and as one of only three self-made billionaires on that list.
Hit our engagement metrics this weekend! pic.twitter.com/ki9t3iwEz1- Patrick Collison (@patrickc) June 24, 2019
Oof, ratioed.- John Collison (@collision) June 24, 2019
That's one way to increase user retention.- Suhail (@Suhail) June 24, 2019