More than 52,000 people voted for their favorite Pokemon in a massive Reddit survey - here's which ones got the most votes
The Pokémon Company
- A survey asking more than 50,000 Reddit users on r/Pokemon to choose their favorite Pokémon has produced some impressive results.
- With more than 800 different Pokémon to choose from, each Pokémon received 65 votes on average.
- The original 151 Pokémon were the most popular by far, with about 35% of the respondents choosing a favorite from "Pokémon Red and Blue."
- Only four Pokémon received no votes at all, and the most popular Pokémon only secured 2% of the vote.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
After more than 20 years, the Pokémon franchise shows no signs of slowing down, especially not with a hit movie in theaters and a pair of new games on the way later this year. Even with more than 800 different Pokémon to keep track of, the series' massive fandom has shown that they have room in their hearts for each and every one of them.
If you don't believe the hype, a recent survey on r/Pokemon asked more than 52,000 Reddit users to pick their favorite Pokémon, and every single Pokémon had at least one vote - except for four. Each Pokémon had an average of 65 votes, and even the most liked Pokémon was only chosen by 2% of the respondents with 1,107 votes.
So who's the most popular Pokémon? It's definitely not Pikachu; the series mascot was only the 44th most popular Pokémon overall. But the original 151 Pokémon are significantly more popular than the later generations of Pokémon. About 35% of the survey's respondants chose one of the iconic monsters from "Pokémon Red and Blue" as their favorite.
Below we've listed the 25 most-beloved Pokémon based on the survey, along with their Pokédex entry. Be sure to check out the original Reddit thread if you want to see the full results, which also sorts Pokémon based on their types and what games they debuted in.