I toured a $16 million condo in the country's richest ZIP code, a private island off the coast of Miami. Take a look inside the luxury residence, which is only accessible by boat.
Katie Warren/Business Insider
- Fisher Island, a 216-acre private island off the coast of Miami, is the richest ZIP code in the country.
- The average income on the island is $2.2 million, according to a recent Bloomberg report.
- I got access to a four-bedroom, $15.9 million condo designed by Bottega Veneta on the island.
- The buyer of the 5,000-square-foot residence will have access to the building's amenities such as a butler-staffed aperitivo bar and waterfront lounge, a private movie theater, massage rooms, hair and makeup salon, and a pool terrace with towel and refreshment service.
- But the main draw of the home seems to be the prestige and privacy of living on a members-only island for millionaires.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
On a recent trip to Miami, I got access to the richest ZIP code in the country: Fisher Island, a 216-acre members-only island where the average income is $2.2 million.
To become a member of the elite Fisher Island Club, you must pay a one-time $250,000 equity contribution and $22,256 in annual dues. And that's after residents have bought one of the condos on the island, which cost an average of $3.2 million. About 700 families live on Fisher Island in almost 30 luxury condominium buildings.
Read more: I got access to the richest zip code in the US, an island off Miami where the average income is $2.2 million, the beaches have sand imported from the Bahamas, and the preferred mode of transportation is golf carts. Here's what it looks like.
Members of the Fisher Island Club get access to private beaches with sand imported from the Bahamas, a beach club, eight restaurants, a golf course, two deep-water marinas, a spa, 18 tennis courts, and more.
I got a tour of a $15.9 million condo designed by Bottega Veneta on the island that comes with a 900-square-foot terrace with Miami skyline views. Dora Puig, the top-ranked real estate broker in Miami-Dade County by sales volume, has the listing.
Here's what it looks like inside a luxury condo in the richest ZIP code in America.