Bernard Arnault just became the 2nd-richest person in the world. These 5 mind-blowing facts show just how quickly the French billionaire's fortune is growing.
ERIC PIERMONT/AFP/Getty Images
- LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault is now the second-rich person alive, according to Bloomberg. Only Jeff Bezos has a higher net worth.
- Arnault has already made $39 billion in 2019, according to Bloomberg.
- That's the same amount Apple's App Store and Google Play made combined during the same time period, according to TechCrunch.
- Arnault's net worth is now $108 billion, according to Bloomberg.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Six months ago, Bernard Arnault was a lot less rich.
The 70-year-old LVMH CEO was the fourth-richest person alive at the start of 2019, according to Bloomberg. Since then, Arnault has made so much money that he displaced both Warren Buffett and Bill Gates to rank second on both Bloomberg's Billionaires Index and Forbes Billionaires List.
Most of Arnault's wealth comes from the 41% stake in LVMH he controls through his company Christian Dior, according to his profile in the Bloomberg's Billionaires Index. LVMH shares are up over 50% in 2019 so far, according to Forbes.
Here are five facts that put into perspective exactly how fast Arnault's fortune has grown.